Our Newest CD: Siete Tandas
Siete Tandas is meant first and foremost for dancing. It is an interpretation of an idealized evening of tango dancing. It starts early (11PM or so) with tandas of traditional, highly rhythmic Argentine tangos and gets more and more lush and passionate as the night progresses. To keep things from getting too hot, it breaks up the evening with a tanda of .Vals. (Argentine Waltzes) and .Milongas. (an Argentine 2-step). But as the night goes on, the temperature continues to rise and Mandragora takes the dancers into more and more sensual and exotic soundscapes. In the small hours of the morning, Mandragora plays a tanda of heart-achingly beautiful slow dances by Astor Piazzolla. The dancers who are left on the nearly empty floor can enjoy an almost erotic interplay of sound and motion before they go their separate ways. Or not.
Here are several tracks that you can download for your listening pleasure. You can download them in a 46 MB RAR (7TandasSamples.rar) or ZIP (7TandasSamples.zip) file. You can also download them individually:
- Felicia (Saborida)
- El recodo (Junissi)
- Palomita blanca (Aieta)
- Los mareados (Cobian)
- Silueta Porteña (Canaro)
- La payanca (Berto)
- Poema valseado (Piazzolla)
From the Tango Los Mareados (Track 11):
Hoy vas a entrar en el pasado de mi vida...
Tres cosas lleva mi alma herida: ¡Amor. Pesar. Dolor.!
Today you are going to enter the past of my life.
Three things are carried by my wounded heart: Love. Despair. Pain!
Let's Have Dinner and Go Dancing! (2005)In 2005 we released our current CD, Let's Have Dinner and Go Dancing with the Mandrágora Tango Orchestra. You can buy it at CD Baby or at any of our shows.
- La Cumparsita Mixing everybody's favorite tango with a cool bass riff from Jesus Christ Superstar
- Haciendose la del Zamora ("Doing What Zamora Does": One of my originals. Christian Zamora is the violinist in the band and you really don't want to know what he does)
- Smells like Teen Spirit (A tango cover of Nirvana's greatest hit)
- Tempranillo (another original. Tempranillo is the name of the grape from which Rioja wine is made